Social Services

The mission of the Sampson County Department of Social Services is to enhance the quality of life for residents by promoting self-sufficiency, preventing maltreatment and providing supportive services.

Public notice
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is seeking public comment on the proposed Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program waiver. Please refer to the full document for more details. 
LIHEAP Weatherization Waiver (1)_Page_1

Foster Parent Info Sessions Flyer Spring 2024

To learn more about the Medicaid Expansion, please visit here.



COVID-19 Services, Practices, and Procedures
For COVID-19 information click here.


Visit the new child support site at here

ePASS C Process Blue 
Click on the ePass logo to apply for food assistance or medicaid.   

Notice of your rights under Hawkins v. Cohen

To report child abuse and/or neglect or fraud:

  • To report child or adult abuse and/or neglect call (910) 592-4200 from 8 am - 5 pm, or 911 after hours.
  • To report fraud (anonymous calls accepted) contact the main office at 910-592-7131.
  • To contact the State Care line call 1-800-662-7030.
  • Child Support Anonymous Tip Hotline 1-855-449-8741.
  • To access the Child Advocacy Center Facebook page, click here.

Adoptive/Foster Parent Commercial
Click here to view the Adoptive/Foster parents commercial. 

Customer Satisfaction Survey

Click here for our customer satisfaction survey. Haga clic
aquí para ver la encuesta de satisfacción al cliente.

        Sampson County 
Social Services
Phone: (910) 592-7131
Fax: (910) 592-4297

Main Office
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8 am to 5 pm

Physical Location
360 County Complex Rd.
Bldg. E, Suite 100
Clinton, NC 28328

Lynn Fields
Human Services Director 

(910) 592-7131

For Medicaid
Continuous Coverage

"In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Under the Food Stamp Act and USDA policy, discrimination is prohibited also on the basis of religion or political beliefs.

To file a complaint of discrimination, contact USDA or HHS. Write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). Write HHS, Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 506-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (202) 619-3257 (TTY). USDA and HHS are equal opportunity providers and employers."