Sampson County Health Department:
- Provides medical services on a sliding-fee scale, based upon household income
- Provides services without regard to religion, race, national origin, creed, sex, parity, marital status, age or contraceptive preference
- Accepts Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance
- Will not refuse services to any client when presenting for care due to failure to provide proof of income; however, the client will be billed 100% of the total cost of the services unless the proof of income and family size is provided to the agency within 30 days of the visit. Once proof of income is provided, the sliding fee scale will be applied to the charges for the visit.
All clients are asked to provide the following at the beginning of each visit:
- Proof of Identification: birth certificate, social security card, driver’s license, or other identification cards such as work, school, military identification cards, passports, visas or green cards.
All clients are required to provide the following at the beginning of each visit:
- Proof of Income: recent paycheck stub, letter from employer, or tax return/W-2
(Proof of income is not required for Communicable Disease, STD and TB programs)
- Proof of Insurance, Medicaid and/or Medicare cards if the client has coverage