Regular Low Income Energy Assistance Program 2020-2021
The Sampson County Department of Social Services Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) will be in operation from December 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
This year, some individuals will receive an automatic approval for LIEAP and would not need to apply. Those households would have already received notification of this and their eligibility was based on 1) having a household member aged 60 or older or a disabled individual receiving Division of Aging and Adult Services and 2) currently receiving Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) and 3) received LIEAP during the last season (2019-2020).
Those who have not been notified of automatic approval can apply during the period of time designated for their household.
*From December 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020, applications will only be accepted for the following households:
- Households with persons aged 60 or older or
- Households containing at least one disabled individual (must receive Social Security Disability, SSI, or VA Disability ) that is also receiving Division of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS)
*Beginning January 4, 2021 through March 31, 2021, anyone can apply.
To apply throughout December 2020:
- Call the Agency at 910-592-7131 and leave name and contact information as prompted so that a staff member can return the call to process via phone,
- Drop an application in the Agency’s external drop box,
- Fax an application to 910-592-4297 or
- Mail an application to 360 County Complex Rd. Suite 100, Clinton, NC 28328
To apply as of January 2, 2021:
- Access and complete an online application via https://epass.nc.gov/.
- Call the Agency at 910-592-7131 on January 4, 2021 or after to complete the process by phone,
- Fax a paper application to 910-592-4297,
- Mail a paper application to 360 County Complex Rd, Suite 100, Clinton, NC 28328 or
- Drop a paper application in the Agency’s external drop box
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) provides a one-time vendor payment to help eligible households pay their heating bills.
Households must meet the following requirements:
- An income test (Proof of Income must be provided and verified.)
- Be responsible for its heating bills
- Have resources under $2,250 and
- Include an U.S. Citizen or an eligible alien
At a minimum, applicants should have the name of the household’s heating vendor and the account number when applying.
Questions about the LIEAP Program can be answered by calling the Sampson County Department of Social Services at 910-592-7131, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.