The Teen Video Challenge, sponsored by the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), is an annual national video contest open to all teens (librarian and teacher support is encouraged). The challenge is for teens to create a public service announcement-type video that shows their unique interpretation of the 2020 CSLP slogan “Imagine Your Story.” Videos are to be no longer than 60 seconds and should promote libraries and reading.
Videos will be accepted June 1 through August 7, 2020.
- There will be 5 national winners. Just have your teens submit a link to their video and complete a simple online form.
- The program will accept submissions June 1-Aug 7, 2020, so that the program can be incorporated into summer programs (it’s still a great opportunity to partner with schools with video production classes or clubs; students can produce the videos as a class project and submit them in June!)
- Videos will be limited to 60 seconds, making this a doable project for small teams.
- Permission and model release forms will only be required from the winning entries (completing the forms is a requirement to receive prizes and acknowledgement).
- The TVC Ad-Hoc Committee will convene a judging panel from CSLP partners and members.
- Teens can upload to the social media outlet of their choice.
2019's 5 winning videos: https://www.cslpreads.org/2019-teen-video-challenge-tvc/