One General Population Shelter open:
Old Midway Elementray School
1500 Midway Elementary School Rd., Dunn
(The shelter is manned by Red Cross)
Wednesday, September 19, 2018 @ 7:30 AM
CommWell Health Providing Services
CommWell Health will offer their regular services via a mobile health unit in the parking lot of their office at 194 Tomahawk Hwy., Harrells, NC 28444. The mobile unit will be open from 8:30am until. For more information, contact a representative at (910) 891-8102.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018 @ 9 AM
Shelter population shift:
Samson Middle School OPEN
Clinton High School closed
Midway High School closed
Special Needs Shelter open (call 592-8996) with needsPet Shelter OPEN (but only for pets of those sheltered)
Monday, September 17, 2018 @ 8:00 PM
The Boil Water Advisory for Roseboro has been lifted.
Monday, September 17, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Boil Water Advisory
The following boil water notice has been sent out to about 40 customers in the Turkey area:
This is Sampson County Public Works. Due to Hurricane Florence, there has been an interruption in water service in your area. You may experience low pressure, some discoloration and water outage. After the water is restored, please boil all water for human consumption until notified by our office. Vigorous boiling for one minute should kill any disease-causing organisms that may be present in the water. You will be advised when the boil water notice is no longer necessary.
Monday, September 17, 2018 @ 1:00 PM
Sampson County has consolidated certain shelters as we work to best allocate resources. Effective Monday, September 17th Noon, This is the list of available shelters:
Clinton High School,340 Indian Town Road Clinton
Midway High School, 15274 Spivey's Corner Highway, Dunn
Sampson Middle School, 1201 West Elizabeth Street, Clinton
Our Special Needs Shelter remains open at our Sampson County Adult Day Care. Those with special medical needs should contact Emergency Management at (910) 592-8996
Service animals are allowed at general population shelters; however, other pets are not. For those persons going to a shelter and needing emergency pet sheltering for dogs or cats, pet sheltering is still offered at the Sampson County Livestock Arena located at 93 Agriculture Place, Clinton. This shelter is manned by County staff and those familiar with animal handling. Those who wish to have their pet sheltered must have proof that the animal’s rabies vaccinations are current. If they are not, vaccinations will be made available at a cost to the owner, with fees paid at the time the pet is presented for sheltering. The pet shelter will have cages, food and water. Animals will be registered, photographed, and an ID tag placed on the pet before they are placed in a cage for their safety. Pets that become unruly and aggressive or show signs of a contagious condition, may be moved to the adjacent Sampson County Animal Shelter. All pets must be picked up from the pet shelter within three (3) hours after the general population shelters close
Monday, September 17, 2018 @ 11:00 AM
Given the road conditons throughout the County and with nearly all of our employees engaged in disaster response, Sampson County Government Offices will remain closed on Tuesday, September 18.
Sunday, September 17, 2018 @ 10:30PM
Hwy 24 Clinton to Roseboro - currently open but closing may be imminent as conditions deteriorate
Hwy 421 from Brown's Church Rd. to Kitty Fork is closed.
Hwy 701 Clinton to Newton Grove - currently passable.
Hwy 421 South - closed at rest area
Hwy 24 Clinton to Turkey - impassable
Hwy 13 at Cumberland County line - impassable
See complete road list here.
Saturday, September 15, 2018 @ 11:00PM
To ensure the safety of employees and to allow employees to continue attending to their disaster response duties, County Offices will be closed on Monday, September 17th, 2018.
Saturday, September 15, 2018 @ 1:00AM
URGENT WEATHER NOTE FOR SOUTHERN SAMPSON COUNTY!
The National Weather Service has advised that southern Sampson County will experience 3.5 inches of rain per hour today. You have already received 10 inches since the onset of tropical weather. We are projected to see flooding similar to Hurricane Matthew.
Friday, September 14, 2018 @ 7:30AM
Hurricane Warning and Flash Flood Warning:
Sampson County is currently under a Hurricane Warning (continued) and a Flash Flood Warning (until 1:15pm EDT).
Thursday, September 13, 2018 @ 7:15AM
Sheltering Changes Due to Evacuation:
Due to the mandatory evacuation for portions of southern Sampson County officials are making adjustments to emergency shelter openings. Additional shelters will be opened. Effective Thursday, September 13th at 9:00 am, this is the list of available shelters:
- Clinton High School 340 Indian Town Road, Clinton
- Hobbton Elementary School 12361 Hobbton Highway, Newton Grove
- Hobbton High School 12201 Hobbton Highway, Newton Grove
- Hobbton Middle School 12081 Hobbton Highway, Newton Grove
- Lakewood High School 245 Lakewood School Road, Salemburg
- Midway High School 15274 Spivey’s Corner Highway, Dunn
- Plainview Elementary School 4140 Plain View Highway, Dunn
- Roseboro Elementary School 180 Butler Island Road, Roseboro
- Sampson Middle School 1201 West Elizabeth Street, Clinton
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 @ 10:30PM
Mandatory Evacuation - (Portions of Southern Sampson):
Due to the increased confidence that the southern portion of Sampson County will experience hazardous weather conditions that pose significant danger to life and property, Sampson County officials have imposed a mandatory evacuation order for Franklin Township, more specifically the area south of Highway 411 from Harrells to Clear Run and the areas south of Highway 41, effective 8:00 am on Thursday, September 13th. If you reside in this area, you are directed to evacuate. Evacuees needing shelter should go to Clinton High School, 340 Indian Town Road in Clinton. For those who do not have personal transportation, buses will depart at 9 am from Harrells Fire Department. Those headed to a shelter should bring bedding, medicines, food and bottled water (especially baby foods and baby supplies), personal hygiene items, and flashlights.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 @ 12PM
When the winds and rain commence, please be reminded that 911 is NOT for non-emergency calls such as downed trees or power outages. If reporting these, please use non-emergency numbers:
- (910) 592-1151
- (910) 592-1591
- (910) 592-1592
- (910) 592-1593
- (910) 592-1594
For all emergencies, use 911.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 @ 12PM
Pet Shelter Information:
The pet shelter will be located at the Livestock Arena, 93 Agriculture Place. It opens at 1 pm today (Wednesday) coinciding with the opening of our general population shelters. Important reminders:
- If you have a pet carrier/cage, please bring it. We are anticipating a high volume of sheltered pets.
- Bring proof of your pet's rabies vaccinations. If no proof is available, the animal will be vaccinated AT THE OWNER's COST. Cash or check will be accepted for vaccination.
- Only cat and dog pets can be sheltered. We cannot shelter livestock (horses for instance) or exotic pets. Owners will not remain with their pets; they should seek shelter at one of the County's general population shelters.
- Animals that exhibit aggressive behavior or show signs of a contagious condition may be moved to the Sampson County Animal Shelter.
- Pet must be picked up from the pet shelter within 3 hours after the general population shelters close. Those not claimed will be moved to the Sampson County Animal Shelter.
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 @ 8AM
Curfew (Unincorporated Areas of the County):
Sampson County will observe a curfew from 7 pm to 7 am each day beginning Thursday, September 13th at 7 pm. Those exempted from the curfew are:
- Any police or public safety officer or other government employee engaged in official business;
- Any member, volunteer or employee of an organization providing disaster relief services;
- Any person in transit from a place where they were temporarily engaged and could not have planned their departure to avoid the curfew;
- Any medical service provider engaged in delivering medical services;
- Members of the news media engaged in duties essential to providing public information.
All of the above must carry proper identification.
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 @ 1:30PM
County Office Closings:
Sampson County offices will close at 3pm on Wednesday, September 12th.
County Offices will remain closed on Thursday and Friday, September 13-14, to ensure the safety of employees and to allow employees to attend to their disaster response duties.
Monday, September 10, 2018 @ 4:30 PM
County officials have announced that the following shelters will be opened on Wednesday, September 12th at 1:00 pm:
- Clinton High School (340 Indian Town Road, Clinton)
- Union Elementary School (10400 Taylors Bridge Highway, Clinton)
- Hobbton Middle School (12081 Hobbton Highway, Newton Grove)
- Midway High School (15274 Spivey’s Corner Highway, Dunn)
- Lakewood High School (245 Lakewood School Road, Salemburg)