Sampson County Department of Aging celebrates “Older American’s Month” with fun, exciting and informative workshops throughout the month of May!! This year's theme is "Age Out Loud!"
You are invited to attend all workshops at no cost! Come and have fun with us, all ages are welcomed! FMI Lesia Henderson (910) 592-4653.
Workshops at Sampson County Dept. of Aging
- “Basic Information for Market Place Affordable Health Care” Tuesday, May 2nd, 10:00am – Tina Dickie, Certified Navigator of Legal Aid of NC
- “The Five Love Languages for the Caregiver” Thursday, May 4th, 1:00pm – Martha McDowell with NC Baptist Aging Ministry
- “Positive Attitudes as We Age” Tuesday, May 16th, 10:00am - Pam Thompson, Social Worker with Sampson Co. DOA
- "Come Laugh as she spreads “Da Luv” Tuesday, May 16th, 1:00pm - Andrea Hill, Gospel Humor Comedian
- “Learn the Basics of Medicare” Thursday, May 18th, 9:30am - Barbara Pope, SHIP (Senior Health Ins. Program)
- “ARE YOU READY? The storm “Matthew” took us by surprise” Thursday, May 18th, 11:00am – 2:00pm Tracey Kohut, American Red Cross
- “Mini Health Fair” Tuesday, May 23rd, 10:00am – Sandra Kearns RN, Sheila King LPN, and Cindy Sessoms LPN with Sampson Co. DOA
- “There’s new hope for wound care, because time does not heal all wounds” Tuesday, May 23rd, 1:00pm Susan McUmber, Program Director with Wound Care Center
Workshops at the Bellamy Center
- “Support for the Caregiver caring for a person living Dementia” Wednesday, May 10th, 10:00am - Audrey Marshall, Project Care Family Consultant
- "How to Exercise Sitting Down” Wednesday, May 10th, 1:00pm – Eric Autry, Fitness Coord. with the Center for Health & Wellness
- “Introduction to Tai Chi” Wednesday, May 17th, 10:00am – Angela Faircloth, I&R, Options Couns. with Sampson Co. DOA
- “Take a Positive Approach to Care for Families living with Dementia” Wednesday, May 17th, 1:00pm - Lesia Henderson, FCSP with Sampson Co. DOA
- “Are You At Risk for High BP” and “Highlights of service for our Senior Population” Wednesday, May 24th, 10:00am - Luke Smith, Educator with Sampson Co. Health Dept.
- “Laughter Yoga is the latest Health Craze sweeping the world, laugh without a reason” Wednesday, May 24th, 1:00pm – Lisa Levine, Program Coordinator with ALZ North Carolina
- “Matters of the Heart” Cardiovascular Health & Fitness
Wednesday, May 31st, 10:00am Dr. Karen Scriven, Director of Pharmacy with SRMC
“Falls Prevention” Wednesday, May 31st, 1:00pm Michelle Coleman, Director of Sampson Home Health