- Name and address of the owner as of the preceding January 1st
- Name and address of the current owner
- Purchase date of the mobile home
- Address from which the mobile home is to be moved
- Address and county to which the mobile home is to be moved
- Make, model, year, size and serial number
- Name, address and telephone number of the carrier who is to transport the mobile home
To obtain a moving permit, the mobile home must have been located in Sampson County on January 1st of the current year.
In addition to supplying the above information, it is also required that all property taxes due on the mobile home be paid in full. These taxes also include those which have not yet been computed but which will become due during the current calendar year.
Manufacturers and retailers transporting mobile homes, which are part of their inventory, are not required to obtain a moving permit.
You must obtain a mobile home permit in the collections office of the Tax Department. Any person found in violation of this statute shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor, punishable by law.